Inkwire’s mission is to create an environment where students can be their best. Protecting your privacy is fundamental to our mission and business. Inkwire respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
Our commitment to you, whether you are a student, parent, teacher, administrator or other “User,” is simple:
- We will process all your data and information with industry-leading security tools so it is safe.
- We will not sell or give away your information for any reason.
- We will only use your data for purposes that you have permitted.
In particular, we are committed to working with our Users to comply with laws, rules, and regulations governing the use and protection of Student Records should such materials be transmitted through our Website. Relevant laws, rules, and regulations that may be applicable in certain situations are referenced throughout this policy. While these references are not intended to provide an exhaustive list of applicable laws, rules, and regulations, we have taken steps to assure compliance as applicable with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and its implementing regulations, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and its implementing regulations, related local, state, provincial and international laws such as the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) or the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Economic Area (“GDPR”), and other statutes governing Student Records or other data that we may receive from Users. We are committed to protecting the security, confidentiality, and integrity of Student Records and other data that we may receive from Users, as well as to protecting against unauthorized access or anticipated threats.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website at inkwire.co (our "Website") or using any of the services offered via our Website, including any applications (e.g., widgets) that may appear on the website of an elementary or secondary school or a postsecondary institution of higher education’s (the “IHE”) website (collectively, the “Platform”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
When accessing the Website, Inkwire will learn certain information about you, both automatically and through voluntary actions you may take, during your visit. This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website (inclusive of the Platform).
- In email, text, chats and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through our mobile and desktop applications.
- Our pages or ads on social media networks, like our Facebook or Instagram pages.
- Anywhere we gather information from you and refer you to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Other Users specifically, including but not limited to elementary and secondary schools and the IHEs that may use our Website and their affiliated students, staff and vendors, and
- Any third party generally, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Minimum User Age
Our Website is not intended for persons under the age of consent in their respective jurisdiction. For Users in the United States, in accordance with COPPA this website is not intended for use by individuals under the age of 13. Users are required to submit their date of birth for age verification purposes. If an individual is below the age of consent and has a reason to utilize the Website, parental consent will be sought. For example, a school will provide student information as part of a contract with Inkwire where the school has received parental consent. If you are under the age of consent and choose to not provide parental consent, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, use any of the interactive features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of consent without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
California residents under 16 years of age: you must provide parental consent for use of this Website. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about Users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as full name, email, phone number, social media usernames and/or pages or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information"), including education information, field of study, personal interests and any other relevant information requested by your school or the IHE. This category includes personal information protected under pre-existing California law (Cal. Civ. Code 1798.80(e)) and may overlap with other categories protected by FERPA or the GDPR.
- Demographic information – including information that you may choose to share about your gender identification, sexual preference, race, ethnicity and nationality. This type of personal information includes what is also considered a protected classification characteristic under pre-existing California or federal laws.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information — including browsing activity on our Website and apps, browser type and browser language. This also encompasses other information that gets collected automatically when you use our Website and apps or interact with us through social media.
- Inferences drawn from any of the above personal information — about your preferences, predispositions and behavior as they relate to our Website and apps.
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us via filling in forms on our Website or Platform
- Register to use our Platform
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website and Platform. Information collected automatically may include usage details, browser information, IP addresses, chats and other postings to the Website, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Below, is more specific information on the information we collect, and how we collect it.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect directly from you on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website or Platform. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website or Platform. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website or Platform.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website or transmitted to other Users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions").
If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses. We provide the same protections for these electronic communications that we employ in the maintenance of information received online, mail, and telephone. This also applies when you register for our website, sign up through any of our forms using your email address or make a purchase on this site. For further information see the email policies below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
The information we collect from other sources may include:
- Publicly available information from online sources or government entities, as discussed above.
- Information from social media platforms. We receive information from you when you interact with our pages, groups, accounts or posts on social media platforms. This includes aggregate data on our followers (e.g., age, gender and location), engagement data (e.g., “likes,” comments, shares, reposts and clicks), awareness data (e.g., number of impressions and reach) and individual Users’ public profiles.
- Google APIs. We receive information from Google when you log in using the Sign in With Google or Sign up With Google options in our web and mobile apps, specifically the name and email address associated with your Google account. We also receive access to the specific Google Drive files that you share on Inkwire.
- Inkwire's use and transfer to any other app of information received from Google APIs will adhere to the Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, screen resolution, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and Platform and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website and Platform according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website and Platform.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website and Platform may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website and Platform. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website or Platform and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Inkwire, for example, to count Users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We are committed to keeping your e-mail address confidential. We do not sell, rent, or lease our subscription lists to third parties, and will not disclose your email address to any third parties except as allowed in the section titled Disclosure of Your Information.
We will maintain the information you send via e-mail in accordance with applicable federal law. In compliance with the CAN-SPAM Act, all e-mails sent from our organization will clearly state who the e-mail is from and provide clear information on how to contact the sender. In addition, all e-mail messages will also contain concise information on how to remove yourself from our mailing list so that you receive no further e-mail communication from us.
Our emails provide Users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us and our partners by reading the unsubscribe instructions located at the bottom of any e-mail they receive from us at any time.
Users who no longer wish to receive our newsletter or promotional materials may opt-out of receiving these communications by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the e-mail.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. If you follow a link to any of those third-party websites, we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies or collection of personal information as we do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used.
How We Use Your Information
The information we collect about you or that you provide to us, is used:
- To enable us to provide our services to you, to communicate with you and to meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any services we offer or provide through it (including the Platform).
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data, adjust your user preferences in your account profile or send us an email with your request to email@example.com. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our Users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Inkwire’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Inkwire about our Website or Platform Users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Inkwire, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Email Opt-Out. If you are outside the European Economic Area and opt to receive any free resources, participate in any free training programs, register for a webinar, register for a live event, register for a seminar, or purchase any products sold by Inkwire on this Website, we will automatically enroll you to receive our free email newsletter. If you do not wish to receive this newsletter, you can unsubscribe anytime. We include an “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of every email we send. If you ever have trouble unsubscribing, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting to unsubscribe from future emails.
If you are in the European Economic Area and opt to receive any free resources, participate in any free training programs, register for a webinar, register for a live event, register for a seminar, or purchase any products sold by Inkwire on this Website, we will only enroll you to receive our free email newsletter if you affirmatively consent to it. If you do not wish to receive this newsletter, you can unsubscribe anytime. We include an “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of every email we send. If you ever have trouble unsubscribing, you can send an email to email@example.com requesting to unsubscribe from future emails.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Your California Privacy Rights
Californian users of the Website have additional rights afforded to them under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
Categories of Personal Information Collected by the Website and the Purposes for our Collection
For more details about the personal information that we have collected in the past year, please see Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It. For more details on how we use that information, and who we share it with, please see How We Use Your Information and Disclosure of Your Information.
We do not “sell” (as defined in the CCPA) the personal information of our users.
Making A Request in Relations to Your Personal Information
The CCPA gives California consumers various rights with respect to the personal information we collect, including the right to (subject to certain limitations):
- Request to access the personal information we have about you;
- Request a “portable” copy of your personal information that you have submitted to us; and
- Request that we delete all of your personal information.
California Users may make a request by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will authenticate your request using the email address associated with your account and if necessary, proof of residency.
Right to Nondiscrimination
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of any of your rights conferred by the CCPA.
Visitors’ GDPR Rights
If you are within the European Economic Area, you are entitled to certain information and have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation. Those rights include:
We will retain the any information you choose to provide to us until the earlier of: (a) you ask us to delete the information, (b) our decision to cease using our existing data providers, or (c) Inkwire decides that the value in retaining the data is outweighed by the costs of retaining it.
You have the right to request access to your data that Inkwire stores and the rights to either rectify or erase your personal data.
You have the right to seek restrictions on the processing of your data.
You have the right to object to the processing of your data and the right to the portability of your data.
To the extent that you provided consent to Inkwire’s processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based upon consent that occurred prior to your withdrawal of consent.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority that has jurisdiction over issues related to the General Data Protection Regulation.
We require only the information that is reasonably required to enter into a contract with you. We will not require you to provide consent for any unnecessary processing as a condition of entering into a contract with us.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Platform.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Inkwire, Inc. takes data security very seriously. We take commercially reasonable technical, physical and administrative security measures to protect the information submitted to us throughout the entire process of using our Website. This includes using standard security protocols and working only with reputable third-party vendors.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Your personal data is maintained, processed and stored by us. Your passwords are stored on Inkwire’s servers in encrypted form, and your personal information is not disclosed to anyone except when legally required to do so.
Please note that no method of transmission over the Internet or data storage is not completely secure. In particular, email is not recognized as a secure medium of communication. For this reason, we request that you do not send private information to us by email. However, doing so is allowed, but at your own risk. Some of the information you may enter on our website may be transmitted securely via a secure medium known as Secure Sockets Layer, or SSL. Credit Card information and other sensitive information is never transmitted via email.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all Users, Inkwire uses software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website or Platform. In the event that Inkwire becomes aware of a data breach impacting your personal information, we will provide notification in compliance with laws. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Contact Information, Access and Miscellaneous
If you need to access this policy in an alternative format due to having a disability, please contact us at the email addresses above.
Inkwire Inc. is a Delaware corporation; “we,” “our” or any derivation thereof as used throughout this policy refers to the Inkwire organization.
Version Effective Date: April 25, 2022.